For whom it is not suitable?
HydraFacial is almost suitable for all skin types and most concerns, however you should avoid this procedure if you have an active rash, sunburn, or flare-up related to rosacea.
We also do not perform this on pregnant ladies, while some steps of Hydrafacial treatment are safe, there are some parts of the procedure that should be avoided while being pregnant. Using acid solutions or chemical peels can potentially do more harm than good. Always contact your doctor for advice and also our therapist for a suitable replacement pregnancy-safe facial.
What to avoid?
- Don't use any exfoliating treatments, like glycolic acid or enzymes, for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Don't use over-the-counter acne medications, like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid hot environments and heat (saunas, sunbeds, intense workouts, hot yoga) for the next 48 hours.
- Avoid swimming pools for the next 48 hours.
- Application of SPF30 (min) is essential (but remember, this is ALWAYS essential!)
- Avoid having any aggressive treatments on the HydraFacial treatment area for 2 weeks.
- Avoid using retinol products for 2 days after the treatment
What your skin may experience after HydraFacial?
After getting a deeper cleanse your face might be more prone to heat sensation, itching, flaking, lumps and bumps, redness, a little bit of swelling, although these are rare, they can still happen however all of them are manageable and NOT permanent. If you experience any of these please contact your practitioner at Oblique Beauty House.
Don’t pick at your skin: It’s not like you should pick at your skin on other days, but your skin has just experienced a deep cleanse. Even if the facial expert did some extractions, disrupting your skin any further might cause irritation.
Skip the toner: Avoid using the toner a day after going for a facial treatment. Alcohol-based toners or those with exfoliating agents may result in dryness and irritation. Since the aesthetician already did a deep cleanse and balanced your skin’s pH, you don’t need to use a toner anyway.
Reschedule your workout: If you didn’t get to exercise before going for your HydraFacial, avoid the temptation of sneaking into the gym later that day. The excess heat and sweat might be overbearing to your already exfoliated skin. If you can, it’s best to plan your workout before your facial appointment.
Be gentle when washing your face: The serums used and physical manipulation involved might disrupt the skin barrier. Therefore, use only gentle cleansers that will remove dirt without hurting your skin barrier.