What Is Brow Lamination?
Brow lamination is a two-step eyebrow perming treatment that involves correcting the brow shape by setting the hairs in place using a chemical solution. In the first step, a cream is applied that breaks down bonds in the eyebrow hairs so they can be manipulated into a new position.
Who Can Have this treatment?
This treatment is amazingly effective at achieving a few things at once, it’s great for those who have slightly wild brows, for those seeking to create more fulness or create a certain shape.
Don't worry if you have sparse or thinner brows, our talented brow specialists will still work their magic! Even fair brows are transformed with the help of the our tint options, with new, bolder brows.
Is Brow Lamination Permanent?
Generally, brow lamination lasts from four to six weeks. Depending on how well you look after your brows, it can last up to eight weeks. After the four to six-week period, it's recommended that you get your brows re-laminated in order to maintain the look over a longer period of time.
What is the difference between brow lamination and microblading?
Brow lamination requires you to have natural brow hair in order to hide gaps, like a brow “comb over” if you will, this in effect makes your brows look as full as naturally possible. Microblading adds hair-like strokes and is the solution for people with very sparse, thin, or non-existent brow hair, it's essentially tattooing, but it involves using a specialised and more delicate manual hand tool.
Do I need any Maintenance / Aftercare?
It is strongly recommended that you apply a conditioning serum twice daily after brow lamination to maintain healthy, hydrated eyebrow hairs. You wouldn't undergo a chemical treatment on your hair without conditioning and caring for it, and your brows should be no different.
Pros and Cons
- Wake up being eyebrow ready: no need for eyebrow pencils or brow gels
- It tames and shapes wild brows: when done by a skilled brow technician it can perfectly shape the brows.
- It’s not painful, for once the procedure doesn’t require any tweezers or waxing strips, only a few brushes.
- It’s good for your brows. An Eyebrow Lamination is noninvasive. The Keratin formula is really good for your brows, making them stronger and moisturised.
- It can be combined with other services, such as shaping and tinting.
- It’s long-lasting, if properly maintained, you can have perfect eyebrows for weeks on end.
- It’s easy to maintain.
- It shouldn’t be done at home, since it can damage the brows if not done properly by a strained brow professional.
- It works better for fuller brows. We need hair to work with.
- It’s not best for those with sensitive skin as it may irritate those individuals more.